Monday, December 15, 2008

There is no Longer a Bun in the Oven!

Well he's here! Jeffery Carter Hogan entered this world at 5:44 am Monday, 12-8-08! Actually, Carter Jeffery Hogan entered this world that day and became Jeffery Carter today! The whole time I was pregnant, Jeff wanted to name him Jeffery. I was hesitant for a reason I still don't know. This whole week I have thought about his name and came to the conclusion, in my opinion, that every father should have the opportunity to name his son after him if that is what is desired. If not, then something else can be decided....in our case, Carter. Jeff never really liked Carter, and all week kept saying that it didn't seem natural to call our little bundle of joy Carter. Well I know how much it would mean to Jeff to have his son be named after him, so today I called the hospital in hopes that our paperwork for the birth certificate hadn't been mailed off to Olympia yet. Luckily it hadn't and we were able to change it without having to go through court and all the hooplah! I feel really good about it and am happy that we have both decided on a name for out little boy. So there is no confusion we'll call him Jeffery and big Jeff is Jeff.
Well as I was saying earlier, Jeffery was born at 5:44 am, weighed 7lbs 4oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long. My water broke at home Sunday night at about 5:00 and we were admitted to the hospital at about 6:00. I was only dialated to about 4 at that time so my Dr. recommended starting Pitocin to get things rolling since my water had broken. I dialated about 1cm an hr. I ended up getting the epidural, which made things a lot more comfortable! By 5 am I was fully dialated and 100% efaced (spelling?). The nurse called my Dr to let her know we were ready, and she showed up 10 min later. I started pushing at about 5:30 and with 4 contractions and 12 pushes later Jeffery came "shooting" out! I say shooting because with that last push he came out so fast that even Dr. Russel almost dropped him...of course the bed was right under him, but intense anyway!:) All the girls have adapted to him like a fish to water and enjoy his company very much! Even Shannon enjoys him and helps whenever she can, with holding him, getting new diapers out, and her sweet little kisses! We are so truely blessed to have this little boy to complete our family! I have a lot of pictures to get on here but sadly right now I haven't gotten them transferred from the camera yet. Those will come shortly!

1 comments:

Ritchies said...

Congrats on having Jeffery. We look forward to seeing him in person and gettign to know him. All our love.